| January 26, 2011

Probably the best potatoes I’ve ever had at the wonderful Land Thai Kitchen in Manhattan. They have several locations, and you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: Asia Pacific, Photo of the Day, Travel & Culture, US & Canada

With a flair for spontaneity, pizzazz, creative excellence and her own unique sense of aesthetic grace and perspective, we have our very dear friend, Belinda (or B, to some of us). Although an incredibly accomplished professional and career woman, B’s down-to-earth approach and demeanor transcends all scenarios, communities and people. She manifests, in her day-to-day, the essence of the word “Zomppa” as demonstrated by her extraordinary commitment to creating sustainable and positive change for us and future generations to come. She’s asked for a dog every year since she was five. Check out Belinda’s work on global education research and coaching: www.hummingbirdrcc.com or more about her portfolio www.belindachiu.com.

1. Patty says:

These photos were out-of-control delicious. I’m serious. They were incredible. If anyone out there has a recipe for this dish (as well as the name of this dish???), I’d be forever grateful!

2. Belinda says:

YES! Who has this recipe? Fried scallions? Thai peppers??

3. Monet says:

These look so good! Your potatoes are making me wish I lived closer to NYC. Thank you so much for sharing with me tonight…and thanks for your sweetness on my blog…it means so much to me!

4. Those potatoes are looking very delicious and comforting. Yes, I hope you find the recipe and share it, too.

5. Trish says:

Wow, these are sooo mouth-watering!! Beautiful photo!

6. MaryMoh says:

Mmm…love that. Wish I can some now! Beautiful pictures.

7. Heather says:

Oh my gosh, YES PLEASE!!

8. Beth says:

I collect restaurant ideas for the next time I’m in New York. This one just made the short list!

9. And I thought we in N Ireland were good with potatoes.
    Where can I get this recipe??? please?

10. That photo is SO inviting. I really want to dig in!!

11. Peggy says:

Definitely a great shot!

12. The dish looks wonderful. I have never tried this dish before but I’d love to. thanks for sharing belinda!

13. Errm, yes please! The humble potato; the best vegetable ever. Especially when there’s a little oil involved! 🙂
    Julia

oooh those look so tasty!

15. Anna says:

When I see deliciousness like that, it makes me miss Manhattan like crazy. That really look delicious. But on the other hand I’m glad I live in sunny, warm, glorious weather California. Too much? Sorry guys it’s not nice to brag like that. But I’m a bit bitter that I don’t have yummy potatoes like that around. 🙂 Have a great weekend Belinda.

16. Normally don’t think of potatoes in Thai or Asian cuisines, but that makes these potatoes even more desirable! I’ll have to work on coming up with my own recipe since I’m on the left coast 🙂

17. denise says:

Oh scrummy! Total tatertude (potatoes with attitude LOL)

18. sweetlife says:

oh yum, i love taters, but these look spicy!! yummy
    sweetlife

19. That does look very delicious!

20. Belinda, these look delicious! What a terrific photo.

-Brenda

21. Great shot! I’m glad I’m not pregnant right now or someone would have to go get those for me right away! lol

22. Cheryl says:

I hate it when I drool! OMG this looks good! Potatoes rule!

23. Any word yet on a recipe for these potatoes? I’m drowning in drool over here.

24. Maria says:

Potatoes can transform so easily with such simple ingredients. I wish I knew how these were made! Do share if you find out …