Monkey’s First Bread: Photo of the Day

| June 2, 2011

My little sister, aka Monkey, has a weird lifelong fascination with bread (longer story there…), but she finally tried her hand at making a loaf (instead of trying to feel up the entire bread aisle). Looks yummy, Monkey!

Tags: , , ,

Category: Photo of the Day

With a flair for spontaneity, pizzazz, creative excellence and her own unique sense of aesthetic grace and perspective, we have our very dear friend, Belinda (or B, to some of us). Although an incredibly accomplished professional and career woman, B’s down-to-earth approach and demeanor transcends all scenarios, communities and people. She manifests, in her day-to-day, the essence of the word “Zomppa” as demonstrated by her extraordinary commitment to creating sustainable and positive change for us and future generations to come. She’s asked for a dog every year since she was five. Check out Belinda’s work on global education research and coaching: www.hummingbirdrcc.com or more about her portfolio www.belindachiu.com.

1. Jeanne says:

Looks fabulous! I’d love to feel that loaf up. 😉

2. Peggy says:

Great job on your first loaf, Monkey!

3. Miriam says:

The loaf turned out beautifully :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

4. Purabi Naha says:

Monkey (what a cute name!), if this is what you have made for the first time, then I must say, you are a good baker! Keep it up! We shall be waiting to see more photographs of your baking skills here.

5. Indeed, I could have a slice right now!

6. Miz Helen says:

Hi Monkey,
    I can tell that bread baking is in your soul. Your bread looks great, I can almost smell it coming out of the oven, where’s the butter I need a slice. Thanks for sharing!
    Miz Helen

7. Beth says:

Looks delicious. I’m feeling motivated to start making some bread, too!

8. Nice job! There is nothing better in the world than fresh bread.

9. Well done! My first loaf came out rock hard and stodgy 🙁

10. As always your blog posting warms my heart as well as my tummy… there is nothing finder than the essence of bread!!!
    Caio, Hugs, Admiration, Pen!

11. Nami says:

Nice job to your lil sister!! Looks great as a first time bread baker!

12. Monkey says:

Thanks, everyone! It was a lot of fun and I found that I really enjoy kneading. Of course, I didn’t say whether it tasted good…! 😉