Bull City Food Exchange
Bull City Food Exchange - local action, global movement
Sunday, May 6, 2012 | 1:00 – 4:00 PM | Fullsteam 726 Rigsbee Avenue Durham NC
Come support three new food Durham-based organizations and learn about innovative initiatives in promoting strong communities through good food! We believe that healthy, delicious food should be accessible to and shared by neighbors, and that local action has potential to positively impact the world. Families and folks of all ages welcome.
- 1:30 & 3:00 Cooking tips and demos for grown-ups
- 1:30 & 3:00 Zompping for Food and Planet children’s workshop – mystery country featured!
- 2:00 – 3:00 Community Food Swap – prizes for best of!
- 1:00 – 4:00 Tour the Sol Food Mobile Farm bus before it sets off on a cross-country tour
To participate in the community food swap (click here to learn more about “food swaps”):
- Bring homemade dish from your kitchen’s traditions that feeds 3-4 people
- Pick 3-4 dishes from your neighbors you want to try and take home
- Swap and enjoy!
Real Good Food: promoting online, mobile and in-person networks that connect people to better food by expanding access to and participation in our local food systems.
Sol Food Mobile Farm: a retrofitted school bus classroom that advocates for local food and renewable energy sources
Suggested donations of $10 will support these organizations. All donations are tax-deductible.
Help us spread the word by visiting the Facebook Event page and by sharing on Twitter
Thanks to Sean and his incredible team at Fullsteam!