Food Good, Social Good.
Get ready to be Zomppafied.
question | engage | challenge | eat | travel | celebrate | learn | explore | play | advocate
Subscribe to our RSS feed for up-to-date information. For our Photo of the Day, don’t forget to like our Facebook page! For current food and food policy news, please follow us on Twitter. For things we like, follow us on Pinterest.
What is Zomppa ®?
Zomppa ® is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit that aims to transform kids’ relationship with food through healthy eating, sustainability, and cultural awareness.
Zomppa ® believes that that learning should be:
- Replicable, dynamic, integrated
- Globally minded rooted in local realities
- Hands-on, fun, and interdisciplinary
Zomppa ® targets children ages 4 to 8, particularly from low-income and underrepresented communities, and their parents, teachers, community members, school and homeschool networks.
What does Zomppa ® mean?
Based on the Tibetan word “to meet,” Zomppa ® brings People, Play and Passion together; it is where food meets people because this is how good ideas to change our food systems being. Food Good, Social Good.
What has Zomppa achieved?
Thanks our generous donors in 2010 & 2011, Zomppa achieved extraordinary milestones in 2012, including:
- a major renovation of our website to better deliver information that challenges the traditional ways of thinking about food;
- a 503% increase in global readership and increase in website rankings (1.2 mm to 319,000 most read in the world);
- the recruitment of 20 writers and contributors representing over 30 cultures and countries;
- the development and pilot of the Zompping for Food and Planet curriculum;
- the expansion of our children’s programs to include: Global Potluck and free workbooks for children; and
- the purchase of a veggie oil-run bus for the Sol Food Mobile Farm, our exciting program headed up by an enthusiastic group of sustainability advocates who will tour the U.S. in 2012 and pilot the Zomppa curriculum.
Can I advertise on Zomppa ®?
We welcome inquiries. Our staff must first carefully review your mission and organization to see if it aligns with ours. Please contact us for more information.
Do you do product reviews?
We welcome inquiries for product reviews without compensation. We do not guarantee that we will publish the review. If we do publish the review, we will review the donated product independently and without bias. Please contact us regarding product reviews.